CMA CGM, a leading worldwide shipping group, is pleased to announce the launching of upgraded SEAS1 and SEAS2 services.
The group will thus provide two departures per week between Asia and the East Coast of South America, one of the best offers on the market. They will offer optimum port coverage across Asia (Northern, Central and Southern Chinan and South Korea and South East Asia) and South America (Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay). From South America, CMA CGM will provide very competitive transit times, especially for the export of refrigerated goods from Brazil and Argentina, to Hong Kong, China and South Korea.
South America is a strategic area for CMA CGM, which offers 23 services connection the continent to the rest of the world. The group is strengthening its services in the area to match its clients’ needs.
Starting January 20, the SEAS1 line will directly connect China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Brazil, Uruguay, and Argentina. This fast and reliable service will provide:
- Wide port coverage of Southern and Central China, Southern Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina.
- A fleet allowing a weekly call in Navegantes. There, fast connections will be offered towards the Northern Brazilian ports of Salvador, Suape, and Fortaleza.
- A service offer adapted to customers’ needs including import calls from Asia in Itaguai (Sepetiba) and Navegantes, and export from Asia calls in Navegantes, Paranagua and Plata, as well as Hong Kong calls.
Since January 12, the SEAS2 line directly connects South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina. South Korea and Qingdao will be specifically covered by this service, which offer includes:
- Feeder services in Santos to Northern Brasilian ports of Rio, Vitoria, Salvador, Suape, and Fortaleza.
- An import call in Itapoa from Asia.
- Export calls from Itapoa in Brazil to Asia, and Hong Kong calls.
The SEAS1 service will offer the following rotation operated by twelve 8,700 to 9,400 TEU-capacity vessels, in partnership with COSCO, Evergreen and Yang Ming : Shanghai – Ningbo – Yantian – Hong Kong – Singapore – Itaguai – Santos – Paranagua – Navegantes – Montevideo – Buenos Aires – Rio Grande – Navegantes – Paranagua – Santos – Singapore – Hong Kong – Shanghai.
The SEAS2 service offers the following rotation operated by thirteen 8,700 to 10,500 TEU-capacity vessels, in partnership with Hamburg Sud: Busan – Qingdao – Shanghai – Ningbo – Chiwan – Singapore – Port Kelang – Itaguai – Santos – Paranagua – Itapoa – Buenos Aires – Montevideo – Rio Grande – Navegantes – Itapoa – Santos – Itaguai – Port Kelang – Singapore – Hong-Kong – Busan.